Student Visa FAQ’s
- What is the minimum age for the Intensive English Program at CCLS Miami?
CCLS accepts unaccompanied students who are 17 years old. We emphasize that the average age of students is 25.4
- When do the intensive English courses in Miami start?
Our courses begin every 8 weeks. Please consult the school calendar. Students may start at any time, if they do not wish to do a complete course.
- What is the course load/schedule of the courses?
There are 18 hours per week, with classes from Monday to Friday, in the morning or afternoon. We offer a total of 13 courses and each course is completed in 8 weeks.
The total English course duration is 26 months.
- Can the student choose the class schedule?
No. The class schedules (morning or afternoon) are determined by CCLS, according to the student’s proficiency level in English.
- What is the minimum course time for an F-1 student visa?
Minimum of 4 weeks.
- How much does each English course cost?
The price table and other costs are on the following page:
- How does the price discount work?
Each course is $1,600 ($800.00 a month). However, if the student prepays for 2 or more courses, he/she gets a discount. The discount increases with the number of prepaid courses.
- What types of accommodations are offered?
There are family houses, hostels, and guesthouses.
- What is the cost of the accommodations?
The cost depends on the type of accommodation, the time of the year, and the length of the stay. A room in a family home costs between US$300 per week with breakfast and dinner included.
- Is it necessary to obtain the F-1 student visa to do the intensive English course?
Yes. The documents for the F-1 student visa are on the following page.
- What are the fees to apply for the student visa?
Currently, the fees are:
Application fee = US$100
Fee for sending the I-20 document to your home country = US$75 and up
I-901 Fee, paid to USCIS = US$200
In addition, there are consular interview fees paid in your currency prior to your interview.
- How soon should the F-1 student visa be applied for?
The student should contact the US embassy/consulate in his country/city and inquire about the wait time for the interview. It varies from country to country.
CCLS issues the I-20 document within one week of receipt of all the documentation and payment of application/courier fees.
Mailing of the I-20 to the student’s country can take between 5 and 15 days, depending on the location. The I-20 document is required for the interview.
- Can I work with my F1 visa?
No, F1 students are not eligible to pursue employment. Special work authorization based on “severe economic hardship” is permissible for students who suffer unforeseen financial difficulties to remain in status and continue their education. Eligibility requirements include: being a full-time student for at least one continuous academic year prior to the work authorization request or the student has acceptable documentary proof of economic hardship.
- Is there any financial aid available?
No, financial aid is not available to CCLS students.
- Does CCLS Miami offer extracurricular activities?
Yes, we do. Please contact us for more information: email@example.com
- Where is CCLS Miami located?
We are located in the city of Miami, between Downtown and Coral Gables.
- What is the email address for getting more information?
Please send us a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send us an email if you have any additional questions: email@example.com