The discounted fees must be paid in one advanced payment.
1 General Requirements for Eligibility
1.1 Full Refund of Tuition
1. If the program of studies is cancelled by CCLS. In this case, the application fee is also refunded.
2. If a student is denied the F-1 visa (student visa).
3. If the student has not entered the U.S.
1.2 Partial Refund of Tuition
1. If a student has entered the US and cancels prior to the beginning of the first course or never attends classes:
a. CCLS will retain four weeks of tuition charges if the student has enrolled for fewer than 12 weeks.
b. CCLS will retain six weeks of tuition charges if the student has enrolled for 12 weeks or more.
2. If an active student withdraws at or before the first course midpoint, CCLS will retain four weeks of tuition.
3. If a continuing student withdraws at or before a course’s mid-point CCLS will retain a prorated amount of tuition fees for that course. Any tuition paid for the balance of the program will be refunded in full.
In all refund cases, excepting 1.1. above, the student forfeits any discounts based on prepayment of multiple courses. Courses taken will be recalculated based on the full tuition fee of each course. All other discounts will be voided.
The prorated calculation will be made in weeks up to the last day of attendance. CCLS will consider a partial week the same as if a whole week were completed, provided the student was present at least one day during the scheduled week.
1.3 Ineligibility for Refund
1. If a student withdraws after the midpoint of any course, CCLS will retain all of the charges for that course.
2 Non-refundable Fees
1. The application fee) and the courier fee (as described on the Application for Admission form) are non-refundable, except in 1.1.1. above. Fees paid to USCIS and SEVP are non-refundable.
2. Materials acquired at CCLS are non-refundable unless CCLS cancels the course.
3 Method and timeline of Refund Payment
1. Fees paid in cash are refunded in cash if up to USD50.
2. Fees paid in cash (over USD50) or by check are refunded via a CCLS check.
3. Refunds of fees paid by check will be processed only after the bank has cleared the original payment.
4. Payments made with a credit card will be refunded to the same credit card, at CCLS’ discretion. If the student cannot produce the credit card for a refund, CCLS will issue a check.
5. Payments made via wire transfer will be refunded via check or wire transfer minus bank processing charges and courier fees (unless CCLS has cancelled the course/program).
Students are responsible for securing CCLS has a secondary channel of payment if his/her first option is not viable.
Students who made payments to CCLS through educational or travel agents will not receive refunds directly from CCLS, but from their agent. CCLS will refund any monies to the student´s agent. CCLS will not be held responsible for any engagements students enter with educational or travel agents. However, CCLS will ensure and document that the refund has been made on behalf of the student to the agent.
All applicable refunds to active students will be made within forty-five (45) calendar days of the documented date of determination which is the earliest of the following: (a) the first scheduled day of class (no-show students); (b) the date of the course cancellation; (c) the date the student withdrawals from/cancels his course; (d) the last day of attendance; (e) the date on which CCLS terminates the student for being absent for thirty (30) consecutive calendar days (excluding any scheduled school breaks) or due to the student’s failure to adhere to the institution’s attendance and conduct.
As per SEVP regulations, CCLS retains its student records for three (3) years after the student’s LDA-Last Date of Attendance (attending students) or FSCD- First Scheduled Class Date (new students).
The legal guardian should write his/her complete name on the form to represent his/her understanding and acceptance of the terms contained in the General Information & Conditions of Admissions for IEP Students document, including the Refund and Academic Progress Policies..