Refund Eligibility and Payment
1. If the course is cancelled by CCLS, all fees are refunded.
2. If the student never attends or cancels before the course’s start date, a full tuition refund will be made.
3. If an attending student withdraws at or before the first course’s midpoint, CCLS will retain four weeks of tuition.
4. If a continuing student withdraws at or before the course’s midpoint, CCLS will retain a prorated amount of tuition fees. The prorated amount will be made in weeks up to the last day of attendance. CCLS will consider partial attendance the same as a whole week provided the student attended at least one class during the scheduled week.
5. If a student withdraws after the midpoint of any course, CCLS retains all of the tuition fees for that course.
6. Courses not taken will be refunded but any discounts based on prepayment of multiple courses will be voided and the courses taken recalculated based on the prevailing tuition fee. All other discounts are voided.
7. Materials are non-refundable, unless CCLS cancels the course.
8. Refund payments will be made within forty-five (45) days of the date of determination, which is the date the student withdraws, or the last day of attendance, or the date on which CCLS dismisses the student due to excessive absences (30 calendar days, excepting school recess) or the student’s failure to adhere to the institution’s attendance and conduct or violation of local, state, or federal law.
Credit card payments made to CCLS Miami will be credited to the same credit card account (credit card must be presented at the time of the refund). All other forms of payment will be refunded via a CCLS check, Zelle or wire transfer, at CCLS’ discretion, minus bank or courier fees.
Please note that CCLS retains student records for three (3) years after the date of determination.
CCLS Academic Progress Policy
Students should maintain at least an 80% attendance. Tardiness or early departures over 15 minutes will be noted on your record. Six tardies or early departures will be recorded as one absence. Attendance counts up to 10 points towards your final grade.
Your engagement and performance in class will be evaluated on a daily basis and count up to 10 points towards your final grade. The use of electronic devices in class will decrease your participation grade.
Oral and written exercises will help you assimilate the new structures and vocabulary more effectively. Completion of all work assigned by your teachers counts up to 10 points towards your final grade.
Student Evaluation and Advancement
At the end of the course, you will be evaluated by means of written and oral exams, as well as your attendance, participation in class and homework completion. The weight of each component of your final grade is as follows:
Expresso Brasil (EBR)
1. Final Oral Exam – 35%
2. Final Written Exam – 35%
3. Attendance – 10%
4. Assignments – 10%
5. Participation – 10%
The passing grade is 70%.